Google

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

pretty tin = nun???


my friend and i were having a fun time taking pictures in the last Singles Encounter in Los Baños last weekend. i told her to take my picture infront of the altar ala first holy communion. seeing me posing a friend suddenly remarked: "it's a prophecy of you being a nun!" i was like WHAT?!?!? no way! she was like, you really are going to be a nun. the day after, we had a ministering with the candidates. as they say, usually the ones you minister would usually be of the same nature of problem or experience with you. and one of the candidates i minister said that she has a calling to be a nun. i asked if she wants to be one. she told me that we are from God and that's all she can repay Him. i was like.. okay...

short background. i was invited two months ago in a search-in, to determine my calling.. if i'm for married life, single-blessedness or religious life. i was worried the whole time because i am afraid that maybe i am not for married life. we were asked to pray out loud individually. and my prayer as something like telling God to help me readily accept what He wants for me.

and after the weekend, i am really worried. what if i'm for religious life? waaah! can i take it? will i last long there? honestly, when we toured the convent, i know i can;t last there. it was so quiet. i can't pray long. and honestly, the first thing i noticed are their clothes. even if they can wear just shirt and jeans, it's like i can't take their clothing. waaah!!! and am i really fit to be a nun?

*thanks to jopay for taking the picture :)

20 comments:

Mai said...

well it's only you who can answer that question tin...and whatever God's plans are for you..you will know it..in time. :D

Anonymous said...

I remember when I was in Nursery I wanted to be a sister because I liked what they wore in this TV series "The Flying Nun." I'm sure you're too young to remember that though. :) I would even put a blanket around my head pretending it was a habit. LOL!

The picture is so galing!

You just have to pray whether or not it's your calling. I'm sure you'll know. Good luck and may God bless you.

Anonymous said...

sister tin... hmmnn.. not bad. :)

Anonymous said...

well, you won't know the ways of God, if you're truly meant to be a nun, why not? i have some nun friends and they are truly at peace with their vocation... they don't mind the weird attire and the long prayers. if it's your calling, you would really enjoy doing it. =) so what came out of the search-in, did you know your calling yet? well, i think you're meant for married life tin. heheh... just my guess. ;) whatcha think?

tin-tin said...

mai: i don't want to know the answer. i'm scared. hehehe

toe: i don't think i'm already born that time. hehe. honestly, my prayers now are: "Lord, please don't make me a nun." hahaha

plong: hate you :(

carey: you're my new friend! hahaha. that's why i don't think it's for me, because i don;t see myself being peaceful as a nun. hehe.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, you? A nun? If so, then you'd probably be the first nun who'd have her own blog, haha. :-D Jez kidding Tin.

tin-tin said...

snglguy: nuns can't have blogs?!?!? then i don't want to be a nun. hehe. but seriously, some nuns have e-mail addresses, right?

Anonymous said...

I don't usually believe on those. I believe in God but not about prophecies and pre-destined paths. What's the purpose of your own free will when there is a destined path created for you? I always say make your own destiny.

tin-tin said...

charles: i really don't believe in prophecies but what if it's true?

Anonymous said...

Haha!

I remembered nung pumunta yung parish priest namin sa bahay. He saw me, and actually started talking to me.

Weird. He's kinda pushing me to become a priest. Hindi sa ayaw ko, pero we can serve God in a lot of ways.

Yun lang.. ;)

tin-tin said...

jhed: my brother is being recruited by our parish priest to become a priest. he's 16 now :)

Anonymous said...

There's a point in our life when we entertain thoughts of dropping everything and serving God. I think we must be careful to discern whether it is a genuine calling, a way out of our frustrations or fear of what the future holds.

j said...

Don't worry Tin, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. There's nothing in this life that you wont be able to take, you are God's child remember?

yuri said...

u can be religious but not to the extent of being a nun. serve the church and be happy with ur single blessedness.

tin ur still young... dont be pressured.

RennyBA said...

Difficult question tin-tin, but you are an unique person and I am sure you will find you're life path. Don't put to much preassure on yourself right now, but the let time work for you and you will find you're way in life:-)

tin-tin said...

bw: honestly, i'm praying for it. i don't want to enter the convent because i am not getting married or i'm just pressured to or my life is not going in the way i want it to be

jairam: thanks jairam. if it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. and i'm still God's child whatever decision i'll make :)

yuri: i know i'm not for single blessedness. i know i'm for married life. i just don't know if it's a man i'll get married to or God

tin-tin said...

rennyba: thanks. right now, i'm happy. it's like God is putting things into order. and trying to remove the pressure i'm putting into myself

chas: i'm working out my life now and looks like i'm going into the right direction :)

j said...

Hi Tin, I linked you up already!

dreaming-neko said...

so you don't want to be a nun? do nuns drink coffee? :P

tin-tin said...

thanks jairam! :)

neko: nope, i don't want to be one. nuns do drink coffee :) but i don't drink coffee ;p