Google

Monday, July 16, 2007

My New Pal

my hobby for life is forever dieting! hahahaha. and when i go dieting the usual thing that i alsways hear from other people is that i should check the calorie content of the food. and as i was browsing the net, i found the website of myfitnesspal. just from the name, you know that you have a pal or a companion in your dieting. when i was serious before in slimming down, i have a pal of my own. and it's really halpful if you have a diet buddy. coz your buddy will really help you in achieving your goal. i think that was the only time i slimmed down. and now here's myfitnesspal.. a new buddy. it would help me on what i eat, since it has a calorie counter. i don't have to check every back of the package to see the calorie count. before eating, just deciding on what i'll eat, i'll already know how many calories i will get from the food. and not only that, you just say your desired weight and timeframe, and it will tell you how many pounds you have to lose in a day. what you should eat, and of course exercise! dieting without exercise is nonsense. and the greatest thing about my new pal? it's free!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ate, even though you are dieting remember to eat those healthy food okay?

;)

Kamusta?

Anonymous said...

thanks for the link Tin. I'll check it out. I might need a pal one of these days. it's really different if you have somebody to share your dieting blues. hehehe....

Richard said...

I think a better way to monitor calories is by the calorie density of the food.

If 20g of food has 100 calories, then it has a calories density of 5 calories per gram.

If 100g of food has 100 calories, then it has a calorie density of 1 calories per gram.

I try to avoid foods that have more than 2 calories per gram, but I am not always successful. sigh. So my weight keeps going up. Of course, I should probably eat less too and exercise more.

Good luck.