Cebu - Roxas - Batangas - Dumaguete.
Have never spent a Saturday yet at home or particularly in Manila this year. I was always out of town and the latest was in Dumaguete. As my sister told me in YM, “hambog!” (braggart/boastful). Hahaha. Talaga! hahaha. And that’s what I love about having my own blog. I can boast around and it’s okay, because it’s my own blog. You will read it or not, and I won’t even get hurt that much even if you don’t really read unlike if I see you not really listening to my stories. Hehehe.
Anyway, the story… My officemate (along with her sister) and I availed of the P99 promo of Cebu Pacific. Their original plan is Cebu for the Sinulog. Fortunately, all flights are fully booked coz if they’re going to Cebu, I won’t come along. Just been to Cebu and it was for two weeks. So suggestion was Dumaguete. And there were still lots of vacant seats. Yipee! We bought our tickets before Christmas. So when I saw my cousin Vera and her boyfriend Stephen during the weddings, I told them and somehow made plans. I told them that I want to go diving but I don’t know how. And because Stephen is a really kind-hearted and generous guy especially to Vera’s relatives, he said that he’ll give us an intro to diving FOR FREE!!!
So Jan. 19, we headed to Dumaguete. We met the scuba diver friends of Stephen and they taught us the basics of scuba diving. Actually, it was Borge who was our dive master. But his friends are really helpful, especially my diving buddy Ian. For the intro, we went as far as 15 feet. Saw lots of fish and corals! Ang ganda! But I experienced problems with my ears. I still don’t know how to equalize.
The next day, we went to Apo Island. I went first, with buddy Ian again. We went as far as 7 meters (21 feet) coz I already know how to equalize. Naks! Hehehe. Since there’s a limited number of gears only, i gave my friends a chance to dive. but I got addicted to it. So, I was really persistent that I would dive again. After lunch, Vera and the divers dived into the drop-off point. I also want to!!! But Stephen said that I can’t coz I’m still a beginner, but he promised that I can go diving after them but just at the boundary of the drop-off point. So after them, buddy Ian and I went diving again. Since we’re in the middle of the sea, they taught me how to jump off from the boat. I did not do what I usually watch from the TV/movies that they’ll turn back from the sea and tumble around. I did the Great Stride or I just step off the boat. And I did it perfectly! Hehehe. Well since my buddy was pasaway, and I already know how to equalize, he brought me to the boundary of the drop-off point and a little beyond it. So somehow, I experienced the drop off point. When I asked him afterwards how deep we went, he said 10 meters. But I know when I looked at the watched while underwater, it said 12. maybe it’s the time that I saw not the meters. Hahaha. It’s okay. 10 meters is still 30 feet! Hehehe.
Honestly, even if it was just last weekend, I already miss diving. I’m getting addicted to it. And my cousin Randall just has one response to that: “Welcome to the club!” hehehe.
This is a long overdue tag from Duke and Wil. 10 things that I would never do. Never say never is one of my mottos, but I hope I’ll never do these talaga.
1. Regret anything. – I don’t want to regret anything. I just learn from things that happen. But the closest to regret I’ve ever done I guess is resigning from my former job. hehe
2. Eat a cockroach. – hello?!?!?! I can’t even touch nor look at one
3. Have an affair with a married man. – especially after experiencing what happened to our family after my dad have an affair. No way will I destroy a family for my own sake. And it’s bad. Period.
4. Step on other people to get ahead/Ruining a person’s reputation for my own benefit. – I have to copy this Duke. And I just can’t bear that I’m better off than someone by not being fair. I just can’t. ako pa! I’m always concerned with other people’s feelings
5. Date/Have a relationship with my friend’s ex. - I don’t know. It’s just a rule for me
6. Migrate to another country. – I just don’t like to. As I said in my previous post, I would like to live in the province. I just imagine myself living in another country because I’m studying there or my job assigned me there for a certain period of time.
7. Work in a government agency. – this is a big HAHA for me. Because unbelievably, I’m working for a government agency now. I still do not have my civil service, to give me an excuse not to work for the government, yet I’m here. Haaay… hehehe
8. Work that involves finance. – In college, I failed only two subjects. And they are both Math subjects (Math 17 and 36). Hehe. And my highschool Math teacher told me that I’m good, but I’m careless. So imagine.. I can’t really be involved with money nor math. Yet my previous and present jobs both deal with money and finance. And now I’m planning either to get an MBA or Masters in Finance. Labo ko sobra! Hahaha.
9. Commit suicide. - I’m afraid of hell
10. Send chain letters. – but I can tag other people. Actually, I just can’t think of anything for number 10. hahaha.
So the 5 lucky people whom I’ll tag are:
Tani – coz you love answering memes. Hehe
Jase – I can’t think of anything that you would never do
Vina – same reason as Jase and coz you are going in a vacation. Labo! Hahaha!
Ate Mai – I just want to learn what you would never do
Lei – coz I missed you last Monday. hehehe
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Cebu - Roxas - Batangas - Dumaguete.