Google

Sunday, July 05, 2009

2nd Stop: Puerto Princesa, Palawan

puerto princesa, palawan is a nice place. a clean place also. palawan had been one of my to visit places. and it did not disappoint me. for a first timer, i am glad we visited these places.

1. honda bay - really good for snorkeling. though i had gone diving early that year, it was still great since it's still like a close encounter with the fish. you can feel their bite coz you're not wearing wet suit unlike in diving. when i get out of the water i would always complain to my sister that the fish bit me, then i would go back again to the water excitedly. hehehe.

2. underground river - we were to decide if we're to take the dos palmas day tour or the underground river tour. sooo happy that my companions chose the river tour, especially since we always go the beach. if you go to palawan, you should definitely visit this. you'll get a free butt massage on your way there and back. and the cave is a different experience.

and where would you get a chance to eat with bayawak (monitor lizards) around you...

but be careful of the monkeys, coz they really steal your food. we were posing for a picture when a monkey suddenly tried to grab my sister's drink

and just before you reach the cave, what will welcome you is a nice beach but you can't swim there coz of the strong waves and someone drowned before

3. baywalk - they have their own baywalk. we went there end november and they're building that time the biggest chrismas tree. it's a park where families and couples go on dates. while my companions were talking, i tried almost every street food there. i guess that's the reason why i did have tummy troubles at the middle of the night.

4. free taste in the market - we had lots of free taste in the market when we were buying pasalubong. not only cashew nuts but also other food that were new to us okay i forgot what are those)

5. crocodile farm - what i like about this is that we were able to hold baby crocs

6. red bananas - was really amazed with this fruit. we lost our discount in the restaurant coz we got this for free but i was really amazed at it. but when we returned to manila, our maid was like it's just an ordinary fruit. it's really my first time to see that fruit

i still have other places to explore in palawan, but at least i got to visit one already. haay.. when will it be amanpulo?

9 comments:

Wil said...

That's a huge lizard.

You've been to a lot of places in Pinas. Mataas ang Lakbayan grade mo yata, if I remember correctly. =)

Vin Dri I said...

great pictures. thanks for sharing.

you guys are so adventurous and daring.

hey, wait a minute, that crocodile's jaws are wired shut.

bw said...

monkeys grabbing your food ? LOL.. they say in India monkeys grab the food of passengers by the train window. They are all up in the roof of the train. hehe.

Love to taste that red banana :)

Qoutes said...

Hi! I’m new with your blog, nice site! Can we exchange link? I have added your link on my blog. Thank you.

Sponsors:
Earn Extra Money | Bulk Printer Ink

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Palawan is really a visitor's paradise. It is the last frontier in the Philippines still unspoiled in all its virgin beauty. It's nice that you included Palawan in your itinerary. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Anonymous said...

Wow looks like you guys had fun. I always wanted to touch a crocodile!

TK said...

Hello everyone,

Please vote for the Philippine entry to the new seven wonders of the world.
We have one day left. Our entry is the St. Paul's Subterranean Park in Palawan, under the category FOREST, NATIONAL PARKS, NATURE RESERVES.
Here's the link: http://www.new7wonders.com/nature/en/liveranking/

Salamat at pasensiya na sa istorbo. I just want it to win. It's a beautiful place.

(I got this message today from Atticus)

RennyBA said...

It reminds me of when I was snorkelling in Australia - very exotic to a Norwegian you know.

Great to see you had such a great time!

dodong flores 도동 플로오리스 said...

I'd been to Palawan pero sa El Nido lang. I'd like to visit those interesting places in Palawan next time if I can afford for it...