Google

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Travel Rants

The other night, I went home late from work and I saw the TV show Trip na Trip. It’s a travel show that features places in the Philippines. It’s not the typical really serious documentary travel show but they’re really trying to make it funny and fun.

I was watching and then my mom would change the channel. I told her, “Don’t change the channel. I am not yet done torturing myself.” Yes, I really used the term torturing myself. Because honestly, while I was watching, I can’t help but get envious at them traveling and enjoying all over the country (it’s my ultimate goal to visit every place in the Philippines), and getting paid for it. Haayy….

Also, I realized that I should visit Batanes soon. I’ve always wanted to go to Batanes (way back college or highschool days), and it just sucks that I haven’t visited the place yet and almost everyone has it in their itinerary already. I don’t want to lose my interest in the place just because everyone is into it already. For those who had been reading my blog for the longest time, they know what I mean. I am selfish I know.

I am just ranting here because I have nothing to post, and I want to update my blog.

15 comments:

Sidney said...

Just DO IT ! ;-)

bijou-wel said...

ANONG NEXT YEAR HA????

Punta tayo Batanes!! I want! I want!

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Dont' worry. You can easily go to Batanes one of these days. It is easier to visit the beautiful places in the Philippines than to visit the tourist spots in other countries. Probably your bigger problem would be the time away from your regular job. You can always lay away some extra money for your trip to Batanes. Make it a dead account so that you cannot withdraw it until the amount is already sufficient. Thanks for the post. God bless you and your loved ones always my young friend.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to visit Batanes! Still waiting to watch the movie though.

(:

Octavian said...

I've always loved traveling pretty much anywhere. So don't lose hope. Every time is an opportunity to grow!

Anonymous said...

sabay na lang tayo pumunta kaya lang next year pa e :)...patay na patay ako sa Batanes..pag nagkataon yung ang unang una kong mabibisita sa Pinas na talagang gusto kong puntahan :)

orange said...

not too late, tin. sooner or later you'll be able to visit Batanes. that's also in my wish list of travel destinations :)

Ann said...

Alam mo bang naka skedyul kaming mag road trip this summer, lilibutin namin ang Luzon..hehehe. Two weeks ang plan namin na mag-ikot.

Abaniko said...

Haven't visited Batanes yet. Lika, punta tayo doon. Now na! :D

GingGoy said...

gusto ko rin nyan batanes

mahal kasi airfare dun and irregular pa

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought travelling Norway was on top of your list (and you'll even get a free lunch you know!)

Btw: If you hop over, you can even go with me to Russia :lol:

Anonymous said...

It's the same wherever you live. A lot of people I meet have been lots of cool places in the USA that I have never been to (like California or the Grand Canyon). But then again I was living there, I wasn't on vacation then. its a whole different thing. Make yourself a list and get out and see the stuff you are wanting to see. You can go off season since you don't have to travel as far, and you know the best times. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

hi Tin!!! i'm back and thanks for visiting my blog while i was away.

i could relate with how u feel about watching travel shows...they also make dream and wish i was in their shoes. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

So I gather that Mom ruined your day hehe :)

Not to worry, you will definitely make it to Batanes soon. Talo mo pa ako. Imagine, I have never been to Cebu yet, ugh :(

Lizeth said...

i want to go to batanes too!!! soon, i will :)

mag-book ka na tin :)